Have you ever noticed that people always comment on long eyelashes? If you are lucky enough to have been blessed from birth with luscious lashes you probably hear this all of the time… For those of us that are not and would love to have long voluptuous sexy lashes to frame our eyes, there are some simple steps that can be taken at home so we don’t need to defer to falsies!
- Choose a good cleanser specific to your eyes: If you are not sure on what to use steeped green tea slightly warmed or cool for a refreshing effect works incredibly well. Green tea contains flavonoids that clean the follicles and stimulate growth. Pop the tea onto a cotton pad gently clean all around and on the lashes. Let the tea drip a little to make sure it get right into the follicles.
- Brush your lashes: Like brushing your hair to spread the natural oils, this works very well for your lashes too. The natural oils keep them strong and prevent breakage. Brush twice a day when brushing your hair. You can pick up good eyelash and brow brushes from your beauty salon.
- Use a good conditioner: We like EyEnvy because it conditions and nourishes the hair follicle. Containing a combination of vitamins and strengtheners, it absorbs into your skin and feeds the follicles, helping the hair to reach its full growth potential. The fab thing about EyEnvy is that if you still want to use eyelash extensions you can, because there formula doesn’t dissolve the adhesives.
Choosing the right mascara and eyeliner are also important for long healthy lashes, most people don’t realize that mascara has a best before date. If your eyes get stingy or the mascara has a pungent smell then it is time to toss it and purchase a new one. Our eyes are very sensitive and get incredibly itchy one irritated by foreign substances. Choose a mascara that is right for you and then if your eyes do become irritated use one of three following house hold items to sooth them.
- Chamomile Tea Eye Wash – Brew some tea and let it cool, pop it in a plastic cap or if you have one an eyewash bowl and rinse your eyes repeated up to about 5 times to clean them out.
- Cucumber Slices – Slice the cucumber; rinse your eyes with cold water and rest over eyelids slices over your eyelids. Cucumbers are full of powerful antioxidants and feel refreshing to your eyes.
- Witch Hazel – Rinse eyes in warm water. Dab on a cotton pad and wipe around the entire eye. Then soak a clean pad in witch hazel and rest pads on eyes. This is fantastic for reducing any kind of swelling.
A good lash care regimen is as important as looking after the rest of your body, as you can see it is as easy as three easy steps and some phenomenal products that work for you. Because our eyes and the area around them are delicate it is always a good idea to ask a professional beautician or aesthetician when choosing products for your eyes to make sure you get the correct ones for yourself, as everyone is different.